Skip to content
Helase 50 is Lamelle’s revolutionary photoprotection product that not only has the unique ability to protect the skin from all the harmful effects of the full spectrum of sunlight, but also fixes recent DNA damage that had been caused by the sun and the free radicals produced during sun exposure.
Currently available sunscreen – even broad-spectrum SPF that contains antioxidants – do not provide enough sun protection. South Africa has one of the highest rates of skin cancer in the world, which is why sun protection is not only about keeping your skin looking young and beautiful; it’s about taking steps to prevent developing life-threatening diseases in the future.
How Helase 50 works
Helase contains UVA and UVB sunscreens that protect your skin from harmful light frequencies by providing SPF 50 protection.
The super antioxidant Pycnogenol in Helase destroys the harmful free radicals that are produced by sunlight and decreases the number of enzymes that directly cause thinning and sagging of the skin. On top of this, it decreases the damaging and ageing inflammation in the skin, while actively stopping the effects of ageing on the skin and keeping the immunity of the skin intact when exposed to sunlight.
After protection and prevention comes correction.
The most damaging effect of sunlight is the impact it has on DNA. UV light damages DNA directly through the physical impact/force of harsh rays on the skin and indirectly by activating damaging free radicals. While studies have shown that the cells of most plants and animals have the ability to naturally correct and reverse sun-induced DNA damage, the human body lacks that innate ability. While developing Helase 50, Lamelle considered our bodies’ lack of this important function, which led to a crucial and significant innovation. Helase 50 now activates this “missing” function in the body by employing specialist enzymes to actively search for recent DNA damage – both direct and indirect – and fix it within six hours of application.
- Three UVA and three UVB sunscreens, TrpV1 Inhibitor, Pycnogenol, AhR inhibitor, anti-inflammatory ingredients, ingredients that decrease MMPs, ingredients that assist in recovering the skin’s immunity, photolyase enzymes that correct recent indirect and direct DNA damage caused by the sun
Instructions for use:
- Apply in the morning over your serum and moisturiser.
- Best applied 15 minutes prior to sun exposure
- If you are in the sun, reapply every two to four hours.
- The peach colour of the product is a result of the inclusion of the super antioxidant Pycnogenol. The product is not tinted.
- When first applied, Helase 50 might feel a little “pasty”. Give it a few seconds to be absorbed and it will begin to feel like a primer.
- Avoid getting Helase 50 in your eyes. Only apply it up to the ocular ridge.
Helase 50 Range
Photo-repair Cream 50
Helase 50 is Lamelle’s sun protection product that has the unique ability to protect the skin from all the harmful effects of the full spectrum of sunlight. More than that, it prevents further damage and fixes the DNA damage caused by the sun and the free radicals produced with sun exposure.
All Pharma Store online orders made between the 19th of December 2018 and 2nd January 2019 will only be Processed on the 3rd of January 2019 Dismiss